Niagara Parks Greenhouse, Niagara Falls, Ontario
The Niagara Parks Greenhouse is located at 7541 Niagara River Parkway. south of the Falls and north of Dufferin Islands.
The greenhouse was built in 1894 as a propagation greenhouse to supply the newly developed Queen Victoria Park with annuals for the gardens. The original structure was quite small and several additions were made to it over the years.
In 1945 construction began on the greenhouse that we see today. In 1980 a reception centre with washrooms and a gift shop was added.
The Niagara Parks Greenhouse is open year round and the displays change with the changing seasons.
* As of March, 2012 there is a $5.00 admission fee to the Niagara Parks Greenhouse.