McNab was settled by Colin and John McNab. Originally referred to as McNab Point it is most likely that at one time a large sand outcrop existed. The McNabs settled along the Eight Mile Creek and their home was often used as a stop-over for those traveller to and from Newark (Niagara-on-the-Lake) along the Lakeshore Road. The McNabs were not members of Butler's Rangers but rather from the Nova Scotia regiment.
In 1853 the community built a church named Christ Church, Eight Mile Creek here with land contributed by William B. Servos. Bricks for the church were made close by.