Perry (Perry Station)
The hamlet of Perry is likely named after the Perry family who show up on a census for Wainfleet Township in 1861. Cornelius Perry, a farmer aged 75, Anne Perry, 45 and Martha Perry, 14. The Perry';s settled on 113 acres on Concession 2 and 3.
When the rail line came through the area Perry Station became known as one of it's depots and jobs associated with the railroad would help to supplement many of the farmers income. Perry also had a post office which was located in the general store.
The general store was built by Dexter Thompson who lived with his two unmarried sisters who helped him run the post office.
Perry was once a thriving railroad community, however today very little remains of its past. The railway station and businesses associated with it have all disappeared and the area has returned to a farming community.