The Beaverdams Church 1832
"Early in the 1790's a group of settlers in this area had been converted to Methodism and formed a Class which, in 1795, was included in the newly-established Niagara Circuit.
Services were held in the home of a prominent local settler, Israel Swayze, and camp meetings took place on his property. This church, one of the oldest remaining Methodist chapels in the province, was built in 1832.
The Reverend Egerton Ryerson, who later was principally responsible for the founding of this province's educational system, was the first minister to preach in the chapel. The building was renovated extensively in 1879 but regular services were discontinued about 1890."
Archeaological and Historical Sites Board of Canada