Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and School of Horticulture
In the summer of 1936 the Niagara School of Horticulture was opened. The School of Horticulture was situated along the newly built Niagara Parkway on a 200 acre tract of land north of the Whirlpool Rapids.
The school was operated under the jurisdiction of The Niagara Parks Commission. Although primarily a teaching centre the School of Horticulture is open to the public. There is no fee for admission but parking fees may apply.