Location: 305 Ricardo St., Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
In 1765, the British who were occupying Fort Niagara at the time constructed a barracks on the western side of the Niagara River. Over the years, several more buildings, known collectively as Navy Hall, evolved into a key military supply facility for the British in Upper Canada.
Navy Hall was destroyed by American forces during the War of 1812. After the war, the British rebuilt some of the buildings, one of which still survives today. The site of the historic King's Wharf provides a quiet place for relaxing and enjoying the view of Fort Niagara and the Niagara River. Navy Hall is not open to the public but is available for rental. Parking on the grounds is free.